Honey Cloud Pancakes with Fruit
These pancakes were simply amazing. The pancake was soft and fluffy as a cloud. It tasted almost like a souffle. The fruits were warm, sweet and bursting with flavor, like in a berry pie or cobbler. This is delicious and it really wasn’t too hard!
Recipe adapted from Things We Make
makes 2 pancakes
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 teaspoons honey, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp butter
- blackberries, strawberries, and/or blueberries, peaches (slice the strawberries and peaches)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat the separated egg whites with an electric mixer until they form stiff peaks. (When you lift the beater, the egg whites should stand straight up and not melt back into the mixture.) Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the two whole eggs with the flour, salt, 3 teaspoons honey, and vanilla. Whisk until combined, then slowly whisk in the warm milk until well combined.
- Fold in half of the egg whites, taking care not to deflate the egg whites. Add in the rest and fold until just combined.
- Take a small oven-proof frying pan (I removed the rubber handle on mine). Melt some butter over medium heat to coat the pan.
- Pour half the batter in. When the batter is just set, sprinkle the fruit on top.
- Right after, put the pancake and the pan in the oven. BE CAREFUL not to let the pancake sit on the stove for too long, as the bottom will burn. Bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes, or until puffy and golden-brown. Take out, drizzle with some honey, and serve!
- Repeat with the other pancake in another pan.